Student Communications Intern
The True Colors Fund is seeking a Communications Intern who is eager to work with a small team at a fast-growing organization with a collaborative environment. The Communications Intern will draft content for the True Colors Fund’s digital channels, track and report on analytics, and support the organization’s overall communications strategy. This position is based out of the True Colors Fund’s New York City office. This is an exciting opportunity to gain solid communications and nonprofit experience while making the world a better place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
Reports to: Senior Communications Officer
About the True Colors Fund
The True Colors Fund was co-founded by Cyndi Lauper and works to end homelessness among LGBTQ youth, creating a world in which young people can be their true selves.
Through a wide array of community organizing, public engagement, public policy, research, and youth collaboration programs, the True Colors Fund is leading the effort to build a system in our country that is effective in both preventing and ending homelessness among LGBT youth.
- Drafts content for distribution across multiple channels including social media posts, blogs, and email campaigns
- Coordinates editorial calendars for social media
- Tracks and measures engagement across web and social media channels
- Curates relevant news stories that resonate with the organization’s online communities while adhering to brand standards
- Monitors social media activity
- Reports on web data
- Undergrad in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, public affairs, or a related field
- Interest in LGBTQ-related causes and/or homelessness issues
- Strong writing and research skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Computer savvy
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Creativity and openness to expressing new ideas
This is an unpaid internship and will not result in paid employment at its conclusion. Students must receive college credit in order to be considered for the internship. We are looking for a commitment that would fully satisfy your credit requirements. We are hoping to fill this internship at the start of the fall 2018 academic calendar. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Meet Our Staff
Click on staff member photo to read full bio.