IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Law & Policy
- Implement a grievance process for students experiencing homelessness that complies with federal law.
- As part of the state plan to prevent and end youth homelessness, include a strategy to address homelessness among LGBTQ youth.
- The State Department of Transportation should implement systems to address proof of residency requirements to receive a state-issued identification card.
- Work with state and local advocacy partners to create a public awareness campaign designed to raise awareness about youth homelessness.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.
- Promote safe and inclusive environments in runaway and homeless youth programs by providing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.