Up to 40% of our homeless youth population identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT). It’s time we coordinate our ideas and actions. That’s why we’ve created the 40 to None Network, a free online community connecting service providers, educators, researchers, government officials, funders, advocates, young people, and others around the issue.
Here are five reasons why you should join the 40 to None Network:
- Online Discussion Groups: Network members can discuss a wide range of topics pertaining to LGBT youth homelessness. Discussions cover everything from creating inclusive spaces to best practices for serving LGBTQ youth.
- Member Directory: Network members can find and connect with other awesome people doing awesome things to address LGBT youth homelessness. There’s even a Twitter-style activity feed.
- True Inclusion Directory: Our new and improved directory of inclusive and affirming service providers is now available on truecolorsfund.org! Folks who work at service providers, can add/edit/claim their organization’s listing(s) in our True Inclusion Directory through their Network accounts. We’ve also added the ability for organizations to list multiple locations, so young people and other providers can easily find the services they need.
- Conference & Workshop Directory: Network members can submit listings for upcoming conferences & workshops.
- True U: Network members have exclusive access to our online training platform! Whereas in-person trainings, conferences, and webinars are limited in scope, True U provides a personalized experience that will allow members to learn at their own pace.
Bonus reason: It’s free!
Already a member? Sign in.
Check out these true stories about awesome people doing awesome things to address LGBT youth homelessness in their communities: